Thursday, April 17, 2008

Burritos and Salsa Tutorial

Personal use only, Please!

TORTILLAS:
Mix 1 part ochre, ½ part white, and ¼ part translucent clay.
Photobucket

Roll out to about 1/16 of an inch. (I used second setting on my pasta machine) Cut out circles with your ½ inch cutter.
Photobucket
FILLING:
Roll small log of brown clay.

PUTTING IT TOGETHER:
Place the log in the top center of your tortilla.
step 1

Fold the bottom part of the tortilla up towards filling.
step 2

Fold one side towards the middle, then the other side.
step 3

step 4

step 5

Bake as directed on clay package.


SALSA:
Roll out thin snakes of red, green and translucent clay. You’ll want more red clay than the other colors.

Bake as directed on clay package.

While still warm, cut into small pieces.
Photobucket

Mix pieces in a small plastic container. Mix with clear gallery glass.
Photobucket

Place either in mini bowls or on plates next to burritos. Let dry.
Photobucket

Photobucket


BONUS:
I used pottery colored clay and a ¾ inch cutter to make southwestern plates. I rolled my clay very thin and placed it on a baking tile. I cut the circles directly on the tile so they wouldn’t lose shape being transferred. I baked these for 8 minutes. Then, I painted small turquoise dots around the edge of the plate.

Photobucket

No comments: