Sunday, April 20, 2008

Mini Catch up

Jun 14 2007, 08:37 PM
Well, it's been forever again! I can't believe I used to be quite faithful at journalling! I started a Mexican restaurant last week, out of foamcore. My reasoning is that since I can't start building another house, a foamcore project gives me something to do without "building". It's just a one room structure that won't have a roof, although it will have the beams. When I did the hacienda, I found some texturized spray paint in the perfect adobe color that I used. I, unfortunately didn't have any left, so I had to get creative. I found an acrylic paint in the perfect color, Apple Barrel Creamy Peach #20582. But, I had to figure out how to get the texture to it. Our Walmart recently added a lot of craft items, one of them being craft sand. So, I bought some and experimented. I mixed quite a bit of the sand into the paint and tried it out. It worked wonderfully! I was quite pleased with the effect I acheived. I'm using craft sticks for paint, with Apple Barrel Laguna for the color. That's as far as I've gotten so far. I can't believe this project is taking me so long, but I managed to get sick with a kidney infection, which really slowed me down. I did finally get back to it today, though.

No comments: