Sunday, April 20, 2008

Sugarplum progress and a few bonus items

May 25 2007, 01:32 PM
Tonight I stopped procrastinating and started the egg carton "stone work" on the Sugarplum. I am genuinely surprised at how it's turning out so far. I have one entire wall done - the one with the chimney. I plan to do the chimney different, somehow, so have left it alone for the time being. I also got started on the front wall, behind the porch. I don't want to do the rest of it until I get the window box put on the window. I opted for using my pastels for coloring, which was a pain, but turned out well. I didn't make it to the craft store to find paint in the color I wanted and I didn't want to put it off any longer!

Photobucket

Yesterday's class went very well. I was pleased with the turn out and the pictures I've seen of bread people made. I made Irish soda bread during class, because I had already made regular bread the night before in order to take pictures to post along with the steps. I really love the way they turned out and I can't wait to finish my cottage so at least one of them can take their rightful place in the Irish kitchen! The other might stay in the bakery.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Awhile back, I saw a package of wood pieces at Walmart. I snatched them up, because our Walmart isn't going to be carrying them much longer. They just sat here until Jerry asked me if I had plans for them. I told him no, so he decided to use them to make an outhouse. I tell ya, it was so much fun to sit working on the egg carton stones on the Sugarplum with him at the same table working on this outhouse. I think it turned out pretty cute, although we do still need to weather it. I felt like a queen when he made it for me!

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: